Last Updated: 22 May 2018
Notice for users registered before 22 May 2018:
The terms “Company”, “Website”, “Customers”, “Products”, “Partners”, “Users”, “Advisors” and “Launch Date” are as defined in the GTCSU (https://recohero.com/termsandconditions).
1. PERSONAL DATA, COOKIES AND SECURITY
The Website shall gather information regarding its Users.
1.1. The Company strongly believes that privacy is crucial and shall take all useful measures to ensure the confidentiality and security of Users’ personal data. It will retain cookies from the Website recovered by computer, tablet and smartphone browsing for 13 months.
1.2. In connection with the supply of Products, the Company will collect Users’ personal information, and in particular the following data:
- their email addresses;
- their first names;
- their surnames;
- their postal and delivery addresses;
- their dates of birth;
- their languages;
- their country;
- their passwords;
- their consumption data;
1.3. The Company collects and processes its Users’ personal data only for the purposes listed below:
- the provision of Products and Services on the Website;
- the management of Orders;
- the management of returns, exercise of the right of withdrawal, payments and billing;
- the viewing of information regarding the Company, its Services and business;
- responding to any questions/complaints from Customers;
- producing statistics;
- the management of requests regarding the rights of access, rectification and opposition;
- the management of arrears and litigation.
1.4. The data relating to the management of Users’ personal information shall be retained for such period as is strictly required and as defined by the Data Protection Acts 1988 – 2003 (as same may be amended from time to time).
1.5. Users’ personal data shall be processed by the Company’s commercial department, as well as its Partners and subcontractors.
1.6. The Company may also disclose personal data in order to cooperate with administrative and judicial authorities.
1.7. The Company shall ensure that Users’ personal information is adequately and appropriately safeguarded, and that it has taken the necessary precautions so as to preserve the security and confidentiality of the data, and in particular to prevent it from being distorted, damaged or communicated to unauthorized individuals.
1.8. USERS’ OBLIGATIONS
1.8.1. Users hereby acknowledge that the personal data supplied by them is valid, up to date and adequate;
1.8.2. Users shall commit to not infringing the privacy, image and protection of any third party’s personal data, and thus shall not provide to the Company any third party’s private data without its prior consent.
1.9. Users are hereby informed that the Website’s hosting-service provider is required to keep the following for a retention period of one year from the day of the creation of such content, for each operation contributing to the creation of new content:
- the user identification credentials used for logging in and making the communication;
- the identifier assigned by the information system to the content which was the object of the operation;
- the data related to payments made by electronic methods;
- the types of protocols used for logging into the service and for the transfer of content;
- the nature of the operation;
- the date and time of the operation;
- the user name of the person who performed the operation, in case he/she provided it.
1.10. In the event of the cancellation of the contract or the closure of the account, the hosting provider must also keep for a one-year period from the day of termination of the contract or the closure of the account, the information provided at the time of the subscription of a contract by said User or when creating an account, namely:
- at the time when the account was created: the connection identifier used;
- the name and surname or company name;
- the data related to the payments made by electronic methods;
- the associated postal address(es);
- the user name(s) used;
- the associated email or account address(es);
- the telephone number(s);
- the password, as well as the data enabling to verify or modify it, in their latest updated version.
1.11. Each and every computer connected to the Internet has an IP address. As soon as a User starts browsing the Website, the Company collects the User’s IP address in order to analyse the traffic on the Website and control said User’s browsing activity on the Website, in order to ensure that the former does not take any action likely to infringe the GTCSU in their version displayed on the Website.
1.12. Finally, Users have the right to access, rectify or delete their personal data, and also have the right to object to the processing of their collected data by the Company on legitimate grounds, and should directly get in touch with the Company at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. COOKIES AND STATISTICAL TOOLS
2.2. Users going to the Website’s landing page shall be informed of:
- the precise purposes for storing the cookies used;
- the possibility for them to reject such and such cookies, and to change their settings by clicking on a link shown in the banner;
- as well as of the fact that continuing to browse the Website entails acceptance for cookies to be installed on their terminals.
2.3. In order to guarantee the free, informed and unequivocal consent of the User, the banner will not disappear until he /she has not carried on browsing the Website.
2.4. Unless the User has given his/her prior consent, cookies shall not be installed and the information collected not be processed:
- if the User browses the Website – on the landing page or directly on another page of the Website – and discontinues his/her browsing: a simple lack of action from the data’s subject cannot be deemed as expressing his/her own free will;
- or if he/she clicks on the link displayed in the banner allowing him/her to select the cookie settings and, should this be the case, he/she denies this storing operation.
3. INSTANT MESSAGING AND EMAILING
3.1. When registering on the Website and entering their contact details, Users have the choice to give their consent to receive special offers, discounts, marketing content, electronic and/or postal commercial offers from the Company, by ticking a clickable box intended for that reason. The Company will therefore have the right to update them through instant plain text or multimedia messages, newsletters or any electronic form of communication. Users will still be able to adjust the frequency and manage the type of messaging themselves.
3.2. For each of the mailings, the Company shall offer in the body of the text message the option to unsubscribe from the mailing list.
4. SAFETY AND SECURITY
Users shall undertake not to compromise the safety and security of the Website. To this end, they hereby commit to refraining from accessing the Company’s information system and remaining in it fraudulently. Users must not interfere with or hinder the Company’s information system either.